Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 1998 00:12:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      There Can Be Only One <root@serpentnetwork.com>
To:        AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AIC 7895 on Intel DK motherboards

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a new computer, and I want to install linux on it.
It's a dual processor PentiumII using an Intel DK440LX motherboard.
It has an onboard SCSI controller -- a Adaptec AIC-7895.  The Slackware
distribution I have doesn't support this controller, and I've been told
that there's an experimental driver out there but I don't really know
anything else about that.  So, can anyone help me?  I need to know which
kernel supports it, and how to get linux installed once I have this kernel
on a boot disk (I have the CD, or I can install it over the network)

Thanks a TON,

+------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+
| Steve Conley     | System Administrator, Serpentine Network Industries |
|        ,..       | Need a place to run your MUCK/MUD?  Need a shell    |
|     ("\|||/")    | account?  Email account?  Contact me or visit       |
|      //6_6\\     | http://serpentine.dyn.ml.org                        |
|     '//`-'\\`    | root@serpentine.dyn.ml.org, tanabi@bellsouth.net,   |
|     //|||||\\    | bleh@bellsouth.net, sdconley@eos.ncsu.edu           |
| ** _||`   '||_   | Personal Web: http://www4.ncsu.edu/~sdconley        |