Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 2015 17:14:08 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
Cc:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>, "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Spontaneous reboots with splash

On 10/22/15 14:18, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:

> If you have two identical computers with the same programs running :
> One is working correctly , but other one is booting arbitrarily :

I've got another identical box; I'll restore a dump on this and see if
the behaviour is the same.

> Therefore , there is a necessity to check that
>
> - processor is working correctly

CPU Burn-in says yes.

> - memories are working correctly

Memtest 86+ says so.

> - memory management chips are working correctly .

I have no idea how to check. How do I do this?

> Another problem may be a program which is causing generation of an
> invalid address showing boot start code and jumping into it . This is
> very easy for a i386 real mode program .

In that case this program would be FreeBSD! That's why I'm asking here.

> Another possibility is that a program is broken ( contains an invalid address )
 > in HDD . When it starts to working  , it jumps to that broken address
and this
 > may start the boot .

Would a userland program be allowed to do this???

  bye & Thanks
	av.