Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2006 16:13:40 +1000
From:      "John Marshall" <John.Marshall@riverwillow.com.au>
To:        "Jeremy Chadwick" <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Watchdog Timeout - bge devices

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> As far as SCHED_ULE goes, if you have issues with it, use SCHED_4BSD.
>=20
> Now, about watchdog timeouts in general -- there's a pending issue
> which is still under investigation.  Please see this thread:
>=20

That was the "em" thread to which I referred in my original post. That
thread seemed to me to be settling down to symptoms induced by interrupt
sharing and the presence of USB device drivers - nothing ULE-specific. I
don't have any of those other ingredients present and can only induce
the symptoms with SCHED_ULE configured - and only on the on-board
Ethernet devices (bge) not the PCI cards (fxp).

Since I don't think there's anything else useful I can add to that
discussion, I'll just revert to exclusive use of SCHED_4BSD, sit back
and keep reading.

Thanks.

John Marshall.