Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 12:06:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it
Cc:        <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 500au

Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it writes:

 > the Digital PErsonal Workstaion 500a or 500au are they both well supported
 > by FreeBSD anyone here use a 500 a or 500au with FreeBSD ??
 > thanks
 >
 > Rick

Yes.  The only caveats are that X is a bit flakey.  Somewhat less
flakey than on an AS200, but still fakey.  My home box is a 433au, and
it crashes about 1 out of ever 20 starts of the X server. X is only
bulletproof on tsunami or irongate based machines...

Other than that, its pretty well supported.

Drew