Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:18:38 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "Petri Helenius" <petri@helenius.fi>, <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: zero deleted blocks

Sounds like you may be talking about delete / trim support?

If so UFS supports BIO_DELETE via -t on newfs or on an existing
FS via tunefs -t enable

ZFS doesn't currently BIO_DELETE but should soon as we've sponsored
a project to add it, just waiting on it being committed. I've
got a patch against 8.3-RELEASE if your interested in testing.

It does require support from the underlying layers. cam ata
supports it but cam da doesn't but again we have a patch for
that if you want to test.

    Regards
    Steve