Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:57:17 -0700
From:      "Brad Tombaugh" <btombau@qwest.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems Making Ports

Several people, including me, have posted articles to
comp.unix.bsd.frebsd.misc regarding problems making ports after updating
to RELENG_4 (4.2-STABLE).

The first symptom that I saw after "making world" was that when I
attempted to "make" or "make install" any of several ports I got an
error:

     orion# cd /usr/ports/textproc/docproj
     orion# make
     Error: your port uses an old layout.  Please update it to
     match this bsd.port.mk.

checking /urs/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk shows several instances of this or