Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2022 20:42:42 +1100
From:      peterj@freebsd.org
To:        manu@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Allwinner H6 thermal support

--iFNHVD+8cDNfhebL

Hi Emmanuel,

I notice you indicated that there is thermal support for the H6 on
https://wiki.freebsd.org/arm/Allwinner.  I've just started
experimenting with a PINE H64 and noticed the board didn't report any
temperature data.  Looking through the head code, the doesn't seem to
be any support for sun50i-h6-ths.  Do you have the code in a branch
somewhere?

Before I noticed the wiki page, I started looking at implementing the
code myself.  I had expected it would just be a matter of replicating
the H5 code and tweaking the constants but, reading the Thermal Sensor
Controller section of the H6 manual, it looks like the H6 controller
is very different to the H5 controller:  The registers are at different
offsets and laid out differently, so it's not compatible with (eg)
sys/arm/allwinner/aw_thermal.c:aw_thermal_init(), which is a PITA.
Have I missed something?

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--iFNHVD+8cDNfhebL