Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 11:25:09 -0400
From:      Daniel McRobb <dwm@caida.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   WinTV cards

Hi folks.

Due to a scary power disaster [1] at home last week, I need to buy a new TV
tuner card.  Do we now have working tuner audio routing for any of the
current Hauppauge cards?  I miss the Cartoon Network!  :-)  My old card
was an older bt848 card, which didn't have one of the newer unsupported
MSP chips.

Daniel
~~~~~~

[1] high winds caused a power line to come down in my backyard, and the
power cable hit the cable coax on its way down, and the cable bozos
didn't properly ground the coax outside so the current went right into
mt bt848 card, melting the outer casing as well as much of the
dielectric, roasted the Hauppauge connector and generally made a mess of
things.  Amazingly, it didn't fry my whole machine, and in fact my
Hauppauge card still works but the tuner is now producing noise on my
monitor that I can't tolerate (funky intensity waviness across the whole
screen) and my Matrox Millenium II is also damaged slightly (signal now
'breathing' so my screen wobbles a tad on the right hand side :-()