Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:51:48 +0100
From:      "Patrik Forsberg" <patrik.forsberg@dataphone.net>
To:        "Poppa Mike" <mike@coloradosurf.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: mac file sharing

> I've set up several freebsd boxes to the gateway, firewall,=20
> dhcp, samba, etc thing in the M$ environment before, but now=20
> I've been requested to do a similar setup with Macs. I'm=20
> hoping much will be standard (i.e. dhcp, natd), the main=20
> thing that sticks out is the file sharing. I've found=20
> netatalk in ports but haven't been able to find much=20
> supporting documentation (having a checksum error w/ db3 so I=20
> haven't installed it yet and read manpages). All of the=20
> docs/help found from searches were in Japanese. While I would=20
> love to learn Japanese, I probably won't get to it for this=20
> project. I've found bits a pieces like needing to add=20
> "NETATALK" to the kernel, but that's about it.
>=20
> Does anyone know of any "howto" pages? Anyone with experience=20
> know of particular "gotchas"? Easy setup? Tricks?
>=20
> Please Cc: me as I'm not subscribed to -isp.

Hi.

A quick search for "+freebsd +netatalk +mac" on google came out with the
following quite nice "howto" text:
http://lantech.geekvenue.net/chucktips/jason/chuck/986883054/index_html

A better source is probably:
http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/index.php

I have aculy no clue about this so its just a output from my searches ;)

Well.. good luck :)

Regards,
Patrik Forsberg