Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2012 07:20:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dru Lavigne <dru.lavigne@att.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Open Help Conference (Cincinnati, Aug 10-12)

Open Help (http://openhelpconference.com/) is a documentation conference designed for open source doc teams to learn from each others' tools and experiences. This will be the third conference (the first one was branded under a different name). In previous years, Mozilla, GNOME, XFCE, Ubuntu, OpenStack, FLOSS Manuals, and RedHat sent members of their doc teams. I found great value in the previous two conferences and have registered for the upcoming one.

There is a call for papers for both 45 minute presentations and 10 minute tool showcase talks:

http://openhelpconference.com/sessions/

I would like to see FreeBSD presentations on the following topics:

- igor (Warren?)

- how the FreeBSD doc team manages translations (bcr?)

- the great cvs to svn migration (?)

Last year we held the June docsprint over IRC during the conference as I was the only one local in Cincinnati. This year, we have again been given space for a docsprint on Monday, August 13 and it would be great to have some people attend in person in addition to the online participants.

Is anyone on this list able to submit a presentation or attend this conference? Travel sponsorship may be available through the Foundation for those requiring it. I may also be able to supply some sponsorship funds.

Cheers,

Dru