Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 1995 20:04:05 -0500
From:      mtaylor@gateway.cybernet.com (Mark J. Taylor)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: current near perfect

>> Now just one small problem as a result: The behaviour of xterms
>> is different in that the combination ctrl+mouse buttons is broken.
>>
>> That is, the menu will not open for changing font size or resetting
>> the xterm etc (all ctrl+any_mouse_button combinations don't respond.)
>> The mouse driver does work, the buttons are ok otherwise.
>> The kernel was rebuilt with device vt0 and option XSERVER.
>
>I'll bet your NumLock key is "on". Turn it off.
>
>--
>
>Kaleb KEITHLEY

Does 2.x have a sysctl for messing with the state of the numlock?  I hate
having it on.

I hacked the 1.1.x syscons driver to have it off by default.  :)
I'd hate to have to do that for 2.x.

Also, for machines w/o multisyncing monitors (including those using the
comconsole) it might be nice for the system to beep when it is ready to be
turned off.  There is a cngetc() call in the 1.1.5 kernel which waits for a
key to be pressed when the system is ready to be powered down.  I put a
'printf("\a")' before it to get a tone out of the box when it is ready to
be turned off (the beep never stops, because interrupts/timers are
disabled?).  Is there any feature in 2.x which implements this beep?

-Mark Taylor
mtaylor@cybernet.com