Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:28:26 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Shawn Webb <lattera@gmail.com>
Cc:        Denny Schierz <linuxmail@4lin.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fighting with vnet / jails epair and so on

On 18. Jan 2012, at 15:13 , Shawn Webb wrote:

> I've done a bit of research about vnet jails:
> =
http://archive.0xfeedface.org/blog/2011-11-21/lattera/freebsd-vnet-jail-ad=
min-project

There's a simple shell script sample on the wiki as well but it would be =
really cool if you guys could help testing and review the framework =
jamie has posted on freebsd-jails@ in the past and give him feedback to =
get it into the tree.

/bz

>=20
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Denny Schierz <linuxmail@4lin.net> =
wrote:
>> hi,
>>=20
>> after most parts works with my bridge setups works, I want to get =
vnet for my jails working. In the morning I started a jail and got only =
the local interface back, but no epair0b. Now I did something so that I =
can see _all_ interfaces from outside (bridge0 / bge* / epair0* ... ) =
but without any IPs.
>> However, I'm not able to give epair0b inside the jail an ip address. =
I get "permission denied".
>>=20
>> Also  it looks a bit strange:
>>=20
>> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!