Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:56:34 +0200
From:      kron <kron24@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Eclipse 3.7.1 and svn

On 2012/06/22 14:36, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> Hello,
> its been ages since I last wrote here, I hope you are all well.
> Now pls help me on this one:
> My system :
> FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE #0: Mon Apr  9 21:23:18 UTC 2012
> root@mason.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>
> eclipse ports installed :
> eclipse-3.7.1_1
> eclipse-datatools-1.9.2
> eclipse-emf-2.7.2
> eclipse-gef-3.7.2
> eclipse-webtools-3.3.2
>
> Just wanna say that with the old eclipse 3.6 i had no problems at all.
> After the upgrade i tried installing the subversive plugin as per :
> http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/downloads.php
>
> but after numerous attemps (and many unsucceful ones - dependency-wise)
> even after (seemlingly) correct plugin installation, eclipse still looks and
> feels like it does not know a thing about the plugin installed,
> does not show up in Window->Preferences->Team, it does not ask for the
> polarion connectors, etc...
>
> In short, it seems like it does not react to plugin installations at all.
> Help->About does not show anything additionally installed either.
>
> I tried several .eclipse removals, clean virgin workspace to no avail.
>
> Any help would be more than welcome, this is a show stopper ...
> After a portmaster -a, I managed (finally) to have a semi-stable workstation
> (kde 8.4.8) only to have my eclipse broken.

Sorry, no solution, just adding I have similar problems though
I use subclipse:
   subclipse-1.6.5_3
Otherwise the same eclipse packages.

SVN worked for me in Eclipse 3.6 and even in the early 3.7.1
It broke after some ports update a few weeks ago. I was in
a hurry so made a Linux virtual machine just for Eclipse+SVN.
Still using it.

I would like to debug the problem but ENOTIME these days :-(

BR
Oli