Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 1995 23:29:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Barry Masterson <jbarrm@panix.com>
To:        "freebsd.questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   New Kernel,but no sio3

I recompiled the kernel, that succeeded without any errors. But the
comm ports /dev/cuaa2 & cuaa3 are still not available. I followed
some of the advice I found at the FreeBSD Web site, as well as
other sources. The config file already contained the "IO_COM?"
lines (as was suggested at the Web site) so I just left them in:

device		sio0	at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
device		sio1	at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
device		sio2	at isa? port "IO_COM3" tty irq 5 vector siointr
device		sio3	at isa? port "IO_COM4" tty irq 9 vector siointr

Unfortunately, the reboot messages still displayed the unfound devices:

   /kernel: sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
   /kernel: sio0: type 16450
   /kernel: sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
   /kernel: sio1: type 16450
   /kernel: sio2 not found at 0x3e8
   /kernel: sio3 not found at 0x2e8

Are there any other recompiling fixes?  Total hardware reconfiguration?
New hardware?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Barry Masterson
jbarrm@panix.com