Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 11:18:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Fabio Miranda <fmirand@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   offtopic: c questions

hi, I am freebsd user, i want to know:
1. I would like to understand network byte ordering
concepts. I know some machines are "little endian" and
"big endian", and tcpip provides a standard called
network ordering throught htonl, htons,etc fuctions.
I want to know How does look like bigendians and
network byte ordering?, how can i know if i am in a
little or bigendian host?

2. I am student of computer science, but at my
university noone use freebsd or  code bsd socket, so,
i am doing this by my own, but it's hard, i read
commer book about tcpip, but, i dont understand the
concepts, i have printed almost all freebsd man
related to sockets. I would like to know  what way did
you guy follow to understand tpcip understand unix?, i
dont have money to buy a book at amazon, but, is that
the only way? can't i understand unix tcpip
programming with free resources?

thanks ppl!