Date:      Sat, 7 Jan 2006 05:08:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      *click* <lucid@epa.secret.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome-screensaver

# portupgrade -o x11/xscreensaver-gnome -f gnome-screensaver

--->  Deinstalling 'gnome-screensaver-0.0.24'
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory
'/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/pixmaps/backgrounds'
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list is
incorrectly specified?)

# grep share/gnome/pixmaps/backgrounds x*/*/pkg-plist
x11-themes/gnome-backgrounds/pkg-plist:@dirrm
share/gnome/pixmaps/backgrounds
x11/gnome-screensaver/pkg-plist:@dirrm share/gnome/pixmaps/backgrounds

I think this is part of the problem the problem.

I deleted the directory that x11-themes created and tried again
and had another conflict, but gnome-screensaver was deleted.
pkg_delete -f xscreensaver-gnome-hacks-4.23_1
then everything seemed to install fine.

So things are working now and hopefully my package database is not
too messed up.

I cannot believe how disappointing gnome-screensaver turned out to be,
especially the 5-30 second pause between when I moved my mouse and
the login box popped up; 5 seconds with no load, 30 seconds with heavy
load.