Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 21:35:28 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stefan@promo.de>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>, Wolfram Schneider <wosch@apfel.de>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org, jordan@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Select a server near you menu

At 19:17 Uhr +0200 28.04.1997, Stefan Bethke wrote:
So before I start moaning about the menu again, look at this example how
the home page could look:
http://www.freebsd.org/~stb/home/
See also
http://www.freebsd.org/~stb/home/newsflash.html
how I would change the header on the other pages.

These two pages are hand-crafted; if you feel it would be worthwile, I'll
start to produce .sgml files for it.

Martin told me about the problem with the menu; I didn't knew as I
regularly surf on a Mac :) Before we make the page ugly, maybe we can trim
the count of mirrors? Is it really necessary to have three mirrors in one
country [and please  don't take this personally, anyone, I think every
mirror contributes to FreeBSD, but also a clear, consise home page will
help people learn about FreeBSD, possibly more than another mirror.]

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke
Promo Datentechnik      |  Tel. +49-40-851744-0