Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2017 13:37:45 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
To:        ufukguler@yahoo.com
Cc:        Wolfgang Zenker <wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org>, Ufuk Guler via freebsd-i18n <freebsd-i18n@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Turkish F Keyboard Layout for vt(Newcons)

Am 29.07.17 um 10:43 schrieb Wolfgang Zenker:
> Hi,
>
> * Ufuk Guler via freebsd-i18n <freebsd-i18n@freebsd.org> [170724 13:40]:
>> I am a new user of FreeBSD. Myself is using official Turkish F layout.  This layout isn't exist in the current release. With the help of FreeBSD forum users I create a new keymap file for my own usage.
>
>> I want to add this keymap file into new FreeBSD releases. Maybe this will be useful for others.
>
>> What is the way to accomplish this addition.
>> Thanks in advance for your guidance.
>>  Ufuk GÜLER
>
> As far as I know the usual way of suggesting to add it to the source
> tree would be to add an issue at bugs.freebsd.org (even if this is not a
> bug).
> Looking at the source tree, most vt keymaps have last been touched by
> Stefan Esser [CCed], so maybe he can tell more about this.

Hi Ufuk,

if your Turkish F layout is tested and complete, I'd be willing to
commit it to FreeBSD.

The mail response by Wolfgang did not include the attachment, but
I found it in the mail-list archive, and it looks good to me.

The filename "tr.f.kbd" follows the existing naming scheme, I'd have
chosen this name, too.

One missing detail is the required addition to INDEX.keymaps (see
/usr/share/vt/keymaps/INDEX.keymaps), which contains the following
lines for the existing Turkish keymap:

tr.kbd:en:Turkish
tr.kbd:de:Türkisch
tr.kbd:fr:Turc
tr.kbd:uk:Турецька

I might change that to read "Turkish (Q)" for the existing keymap
and add "Turkish (F)" for "tr.f.kbd".

Or should the existing entry remain as-is and "Turkish (F layout)"
be added for your new keymap?

Do you want to add Turkish keymap names to this list?
(i.e. "tr.kbd:tr:..." and "tr.f.kbd:tr:...")

BTW: Could you please provide a Turkish MENU line for INDEX.keymaps?

Best regards, STefan