Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:47:26 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        "Philip M. Gollucci" <philip@p6m7g8.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mail Reader Clients

# philip@p6m7g8.com / 2002-12-01 15:33:04 +0000:
> Please CC me on the reply again. Thanks.
>
> I'm looking for a good graphical mail reader client (to handle appx 3000
> mails per day)

    I know this is not what you asked for, but I'm sure mutt would do
    you much better service.

> I've got mail my mail working with fetchmail/procmail, so I don't need
> one with filtering.

    All mouse-driven mail clients I know have this baggage, you'll have
    to take it.

> Just one that understands mbox format.

    Just about any. BTW, if your mailboxes are going to grow a bit, you
    might prefer the Maildir format. There were some messages in
    mutt-users@ stating that Maildirs (theyr handling in mutt, anyway)
    are very fast on FreeBSD, especially if you have UFS_DIRHASH
    enabled.

    That said, I still have all my mail in mboxes, opening the 62MB of
    freebsd-questions takes less than two seconds on my machine (in
    mutt, of course :)

> I don't think I want to use mozilla/netscape as its too bulky.

    And the bundled mail client is buggy.

> mutt/pine are good, but not quite as graphical as I want.

    But will enable you to get the work done with much more comfort, in
    half the time.