Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 18:02:44 +0100
From:      dbhague@allstor-sw.co.uk
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI transfer sizes,

We having been doing performance optimisation on optical drives.  These are
particularly sensitive to transfer size and we would like your advice as to
which adapter card would give us the largest possible transfer size.

We have noticed between 3.0 and 4.2 the standard transfer size has changed
from 128KB to 60KB. After some experimentation we have taken Adaptec up to
256KB but Symbios only goes to 128KB before we have problems.

Could you help by advising us on the adapter that will allow us to use the
largest transfer size for each SCSI operation ?

Regards Dave