Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 1997 18:29:06 -0700 (MST)
From:      Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Archive CTM3200 SCSI QIC-Wide tape?

Has anyone tried using one of these beasts, or any other SCSI QIC-Wide
drive, with FreeBSD?  I know that BSD in general is friendly with SCSI
tape drives, but these are the spawn of "floppy tapes" and therefore
suspect until proven otherwise.

If they work well, I'd like to get one -- speed is not really an
issue.  Data capacity is about 1.6 M uncompressed, which is fine, I've
only got 1.0 M on-line currently anyway.  Corporate Systems Center has
a bunch of internal (3.5" x 1") ones for $139.  Backups are a
many-splendored thing...  ;^)