Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 07:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/6312: New port: ghostscript-3.33

The following reply was made to PR ports/6312; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: ports/6312: New port: ghostscript-3.33
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 00:17:00 -0500

 A new version of hpdj is now available. the modified port is available
 in incoming as ghostscript-3.33.tar.gz

 The NEW features are (quoted):

 Version 2.4 (released 1998-04-27)
 =================================
 Starting with this version, hpdj is released under the terms of the GNU
 Library General Public License (LGPL) instead of the GNU GPL.

 * Extensions
   - This version supports the Color Resolution Enhancement technology
 (C-REt) feature of some HP series-800 DeskJets, at least as far as I've
 been able to discover how this works without any documentation from HP.
 See the description of the new options 'BlackLevels' and 'CMYLevels' in
 the manual page.
   - There is a new option, "PagecountFile", which can be used to keep
 track of the number of pages printed. It is intended for spooler
 backends.
   - As an example of an input filter for a BSD spooler (lpr), I've added
 a file 'if-hpdj' to the distribution. Read the comments in the file to
 find out what it can do.
   - I've extended the list of PCL media size codes known to hpdj by some
 codes of interest to people with series-1100 DeskJets.

 * Modifications
   - The DJ 850C/855C/unspec margin information has been modified:
     - The margins for the JIS B5 format were demonstrably wrong for the
 DJ 850C  and have been changed.
     - I've removed the entry for US A2 envelopes because contrary to
 what I believed previously this size is not supported.

 * Documentation
   - The FILES section in the manual page has been restructured and
 extended as a CONFIGURATION section. In particular, for those not
 familiar with PostScript, I've added much more on configuration with
 PostScript commands.

 * Compilation
   - I have added a missing "#include <errno.h>" directive to hpdjprn.c.
   - I have added an include directive for Aladdin's header "std.h" where
 appropriate in order to avoid some name clashes with non-standard system
 types like 'uint' on some operating systems (e.g., FreeBSD).

 .. Remainder deleted ...