Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 07:48:06 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        dietrich speer <webmeister@webfac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: restricting access to directory by host

dietrich speer wrote:

> I want to restrict access to a directory to requests coming from certain
> hosts. I've been trying .htmaccess

	Well, first of all by default the AccessFileName directive in Apache (I
assume that's what you're talking about here) uses .htaccess, not
.htmaccess. You can specify a different file, but I don't think that's what
you're trying to do here.

- but unsuccessfully. How do I do this,
> what do I need to watch? Does anybody know?

	Go to http://www.apache.org/ and do a search on the Directory directive.
It has examples for doing exactly what you want to do.

Good luck,

Doug