Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:19:44 -0400
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@beta.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Cc:        raj@freebsd.org
Subject:   SDIO on OpenRD Ultimate issues?

I started looking at getting the sdio device working on my OpenRD
Ultimate a couple of weeks ago, but got side tracked with "real work".

At this point, I have the patch located at
http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/SD-MMC-driver-for-OpenRD-Board-td4384370.html applied to a 9.0-BETA1 source base, built for ARM, and the kernel booting.

Without an SD card installed, the kernel boots and works fine.

If an SD card is installed at boot time, the kernel hangs between
detecting the "SCSI" devices (currently, an attached USB thumb drive)
and /etc/rc firing up. Removing the device at this point allows the boot
to continue, but promptly causes the kernel to panic.

If an SD card is installed post-boot after logging in, there are some
kernel messages as the sdio and mmc devices probe and detect, but
nothing shows up in /dev. Removing the device again causes a kernel
panic.

The only message I get that suggests there is something wrong is a
"mv_gpio_intr_handler(): No handler for Pin 34" message on boot.

Looking quickly at the code, it appears that the drivers try to route
pin 34 to the CPU, to then be routed to the sdio interrupt routine in
the driver.

Before I try to chase down some docs on the sdio slot and the various
protocols, has anyone gotten this working on the openrd ultimate board?
Its not critical for me, as I can use a USB drive for my purposes, but
it'd be nice to get the sdio card working so I don't have something
sticking out of the box.