Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2005 07:07:22 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        "GRF ." <nuckingfutsto@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [drm] failed to load kernel module "i915"

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 10:27:09PM -0500, GRF . wrote:
> I have installed 5.3 and am trying to set up xorg on an Intel motherboard=
=20
> with a build in 945 chipset graphic card.  4.10 was a breeze to set up fo=
r=20
> X but so far I receive what I believe is the following error:
>=20
> -snip- from Xorg.0.log
>=20
> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
> drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
> drmOpenDevice: Open failed
> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
> drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
> drmOpenDevice: Open failed
> [drm] failed to load kernel module "i915"
> (II) I810(0): [drm] drmOpen failed
> (EE) I810(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.
>=20
> -snip-
>=20
> The complete Xorg.0.log can be seen here: =20
> http://www.dawgeestyle.com/Xorg.0.log
>=20
> The xorg.conf.new can be seen here: =20
> http://www.dawgeestyle.com/xorg.conf.new
>=20
> Where do I go from here?
>=20

Try adding the following section to xorg.conf:

Section "DRI"
        Mode    0666
EndSection

Roland
--=20
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in e-mail
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/         X     No Word docs in e-mail
public key: http://www.keyserver.net / \    Respect for open standards

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5