Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2012 18:51:46 +0600
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <eugene@zhegan.in>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   NMI button

Hi.

Guys, I have a IBM system x 3560 server, it hangs, I was told to use the
NMI button when it hangs, I found it and pressed, nothing happened. I
reset the server, and pressed a NMI button after entering a multiuser.
Nothing happened.

FreeBSD 9.1-PRERELEASE

Now questions:

- what should happen upon a NMI keypress ? I thought FreeBSD should
panic and enter ddb (default sysctl settings). Am I wrong ? This kernel
has kdb/ddb.
- does someone have IBM system x servers ? what happens when you press
NMI  (IBM said it should reset, so be careful if you'll decide to
experiment).

Thanks.
Eugene.