Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2012 03:01:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WITHOUT_MODULES in /etc/make.conf doesn't work

> Sort of a dirty trick that you have to use usb/ulpt as
> opposed to ulpt, and a deficiency in the documentation.

No, I'm just borderline sure that WITHOUT_MODULES works
the same way as MODULES_OVERRIDE, that is it looks in
top directory in /usr/src/sys/modules/ and ulpt is in
/usr/src/sys/modules/usb/ulpt

Speaking of RAM savings, things you would always load
should be compiled in kernel, modules per design take
more RAM than compiled in stuff.