Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:51:09 -0800
From:      "David Fuchs" <beastie@beastie.net>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Looking for suggestions.

:)  Looking for stuff that newbies should be aware of? Well, other than
those O'Rielly books... hehehe. :)

To be honest, there aren't many things someone can say to you about FreeBSD
that you won't learn when the time comes.  I think the most important thing
you should know is that everyone who uses FreeBSD will be more than happy to
help you.  I can't express my thanks enough to the people on these mailing
lists who've answered my questions no matter how stupid they were... and
trust me... when I was new to FreeBSD I asked some pretty dumb ones.  Always
ask questions, people will usually give you a decent response plus some good
insight if they know what they're talking about.  Other than that, there's
not much I can say, good luck in your first steps with FreeBSD!

-David Fuchs