Date:      Tue, 01 Apr 1997 22:10:54 -0500
From:      Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
To:        Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does de driver do 100MBIT Full Duplex?

At 05:18 PM 4/1/97 -0800, Jaye Mathisen wrote:

>I'm not sure exactly how the process works, but the SMC card (dual
>etherpower 10/100), seems unable to kick into full-duplex mode with my
>Linkswitch.

Is that the 9334bdt?  What version of FreeBSD?

>Does the driver support it?  ifconfig shows a "Simplex" flag, but if
>I remember correctly, that was something to do with if a card could read
>it's own output on coax or somesuch.

Correct.  Note the driver in NetBSD is in much better shape than the
current FreeBSD driver.  (it isn't hard to get the NetBSD driver running
under FreeBSD).
3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    http://www.3am-software.com/bio/matt.html
Westford, MA              Disclaimer: I disavow all knowledge of this message