Date:      Sat, 01 May 2004 23:50:22 +0200
From:      "The MiP RvL" <the_mip_rvl@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Laptop ACPI question

>I will have to try Linux or Windows if I can't get FreeBSD ACPI working an=
>see if it gets me any more battery life I guess! Such a shame, it doesn't
>seem that bad of a laptop for what I want... but if I have to use it on
mains it's not as useful as it could be!

I have a P1 300mhz, which had no battery life left,
except from running from one power outlet to the other.

What I did, I found an old ibook battery, the cells were just fine, except =
for the electronics.
I got the Li-Ion cells out and soldered them onto the battery electronics o=
f laptop, and Lo and behold, it worked.
Li-ion cells have about 3,6 volts, you need to have the same amount of cell=
s as your old battery though.

I now get about 2,5 to 3 hours of battery life, doing basic stuff.

Regards,

        -Roland