Date:      09 Jul 2002 20:26:05 -0700
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gdm2 headaches

Ok, I just tried to debug this sucker again.

If I install gdm2 while running X under gdm1, then when I logout, the
new greeter comes up and I can login successfully.  However, the parent
process is still (apparantly) gdm1.

If I stop gdm1, then the new greeter comes up, but I cannot pregress
past typing in my name.

I attached to gdmlogin, but it is stuck in _thread_sys_poll.

At some point during the whole gdm loading and forking process, a
message appears on the console:

link_elf: symbol agp_find_device undefined

I would guess that the undefined symbol is part of something that gdm is
trying to load or fork, but I have no idea what process is reporting
this error.

/Joe