Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 2002 06:06:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      trini 0 <gms08701@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ccd PartII

Ok I was able to reset the drives so I could start
over setting up ccd by doing ->
# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rad1 bs=1k count=1
# disklabel -Brw ad1 auto

to both ad1 and ad2.
Then Im following the instructions from the handbook
at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/raid.html
for building the ccd disk.

I get to
12.7.1.1.3 Building the Filesystem
where I run ->
newfs /dev/ccd0c

Im getting ->
hivemind# newfs /dev/ccd0c
Warning: Block size and bytes per inode restrict
cylinders per group to 89.
Warning: 1600 sector(s) in last cylinder unallocated
/dev/ccd0c:     106928576 sectors in 26106 cylinders
of 1 tracks, 4096 sectors
        52211.2MB in 294 cyl groups (89 c/g,
178.00MB/g, 22400 i/g)
super-block backups (for fsck -b #) at:
<--(bunch of numbers-->
newfs: ioctl (WDINFO): No such process
newfs: /dev/ccd0c: can't rewrite disk label
hivemind#

Could someone point me as to where, I may have a
problem.
Thank You.
Please cc to gms08701@yahoo.com