Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2012 13:24:34 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@bimajority.org>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org, Cluster Administrators <clusteradm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkgng mirrors

<<On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 09:54:33 +0000 (UTC), "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net> said:

> 4) we (FreeBSD) will be running the own official mirrors much the same
>     way as indicated on the SVN mirror thread.  This will be what we
>     will be supporting.

It would have been nice if this had been discussed with the people who
have volunteered significant resources over the past nearly two
decades to support FreeBSD by operating mirrors.  Say, the ones on
this mailing-list, perhaps?  Rather than just a peremptory "thanks but
we don't need you any more"?

It may very well be the right thing to do, but it certainly doesn't
come over well, particularly when (as in my case) people have just
recently put substantial new resources into their mirrors.

-GAWollman