Date:      Thu, 9 May 2002 21:52:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@highperformance.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: YA fortune

On Thu, 9 May 2002, f.johan.beisser wrote:

> On Thu, 9 May 2002, Pete Ehlke wrote:
>
> > No no no. At risk of becoming embroiled in another OS religious war, use
> > FreeBSD if you must use a PC-based system. Linux just makes me ill.
> > ("Uh, well, let's see: I need procps version foo, networking tools
> > version bar with patch baz, libc version gronk, kernel version freen --

You guys think you're funny but your NOT!

Like everything, I learned about this the hard way.  I installed NTP on a
webserver.  This required glibc version whats-its.  No prob.  Got NTP
working.  New glibc.  All my servers are synced.  I think I am cool.

The next day, the woman who processed all of our orders said, "I didn't
get any orders today.  Is something wrong?"

Grck! Rxph! ACk!

I never even considered that there would be a problem.  FreeBSD upgrades
all sorts of stuff all the time and its nevera problem.  Why would Linux
be any different?   (ahh, naivete)

IMO, this is the simplest and most easily convincing reason FreeBSD is
better than Linux.

Jason C. Wells