Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2017 14:36:42 +0200
From:      David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A jail does not start

Hello,

I have one of my jail that does not start and complains about being
already running.

Basically, my /etc/jail.conf looks like this:

build {
        host.hostname="build";
        ip4.addr="10.0.0.12";
}

mpd {
        host.hostname="mpd";
        ip4.addr="10.0.0.13";
}

markand {
        path="/jails/markand.fr";
        host.hostname="markand.fr";
        ip4.addr="10.0.0.20";
}

The commandservice jail start starts all of them except markand. my
/etc/rc.conf contains these lines:

jail_enable="YES"
jail_list="build mpd markand"

And if I try to start the jail markand by hand I get this error:

$ sudo service jail start markand
jail already running?  (pid=3087).

The weird thing is that process 3087 is own by mpd jail.

$ sudo ps auxw | grep 3087
root    3087   0.0  0.0  16804   2380 v0  I+   14:32    0:00.00
/usr/sbin/jail -i -f /etc/jail.conf -c mpd

I could not manage where this class cames from. If you have any clues.

Thanks!

--
Demelier David