Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:40:17 -0500
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        "rbmailer-dev@yahoo.com" <rbmailer-dev@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't cvsup ports?

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:29:20 -0700 (PDT), rbmailer-dev@yahoo.com
<rbmailer-dev@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Question on the current vs. RELEASE_4_9_x, though - I'm still on 4.9 &
> don't want to upgrade to 4.10, right now.  If I get current ports, won't
> there (possibly) be 4.10 dependencies?  Not sure I want that...

There is no dependency on the FreeBSD version in the ports
collections.  When a release is being made a tag (RELEASE_4_9_0,
RELEASE_5_2_1, ...) is placed on the current head of the ports
collection.  These tags indicate which versions of the ports are
included in the FreeBSD release.

You can allways update your ports collection to HEAD of the cvs and
they should build with your release.  If anything breaks, then notify
the maintainer and the ports mailing list.  And if possible with a
fix.

Scot