Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 15:49:28 +0200
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: **HEADS-UP** ficl changes change `base' type

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 02:21 -0300, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> John Sadler is not a Unix user [ ... ] If you know exactly how
> to produce a .tar.gz under Windows that is suitable for our
> use, I'm sure he would appreciate the help.

Most of the distros I've seen (Linux as well as *BSD) have the
DOS ports of these tools on their first CD, next to other
archivers / partitioners / bootselectors / X-Servers / etc.

Given the need (read:  if I'm not late) I could provide
- binaries of tar and gzip for DOS and i386+
- a .BAT / .CMD file to shove dir %1 into %1.tar.gz
but it will be untested or wil take a few days since I'm 100% MS
free here. :)

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net