Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:27:02 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        vinay saini <vinaysaini.1091@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuration if two eth port in freebsd

vinay saini wrote this message on Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 19:55 +0530:
> I have installed freebsd on a physical machine with two ethernet cards.Now
> my plan is to connect em0 port in our LAN network without static IP and em1
> port with my laptop with the static IP.
>
> em1 ---> LAN Network(without static IP)
> em2 ---> Laptop (with static IP ex:192.168.12.111)
>
> Now I would like to access the that server using this static IP ie.
> 192.168.12.111 on my laptop.
>
> Is there any way I can do this.Please help me how may I configure my
> ethernet settings.

If the network knows that your static ip/network is located off of your
box, just need to turn on forwarding, and every thing will just work...

I assume though, that you don't control the LAN Network, and so it
won't know that the static is located at your box...  If your network
admin lets you, you could run routed or similar routing protocol to
announce the route, but your lan admin will probably not like you for
that...

The other way is to use nat...  Look at the handbook for configuring
either ipfw or pf for nat:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/firewalls.html

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579