Date:      Fri, 2 Sep 2016 09:16:31 -0400
From:      Anton Yuzhaninov <citrin+bsd@citrin.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sox play freezes

On 2016-09-02 05:05, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
> On Thursday, 01. Sep 2016, 18:21:56 -0400, Anton Yuzhaninov wrote:
>> On 2016-09-01 17:29, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
>>> my Sox play tool plays the file, then it freezes. The
>>> remaining process does not answer on Ctrl-C nor on signal
>>> TERM. It only can be removed by signal KILL.
>>
>> 1. Run
>>
>> procstat -k PID
>>
>> for frozen sox play
>
> bsch@linda ~ % procstat -k 2440
>   PID    TID COMM             TDNAME           KSTACK
>  2440 100622 sox              -                mi_switch sleepq_switch sleepq_catch_signals sleepq_timedwait_sig _cv_timedwait_sig_sbt chn_write dsp_io_ops devfs_write_f dofilewrite kern_writev sys_write syscall Xint0x80_syscall
>
> What does this tell me?

It looks like problem with sound driver or hardware problem.

Try to write to the freebsd-multimedia@ along with information about
sound card (from dmesg and pciconf -vl if device uses PIC). But I'm not
sure that developers read this list.

>> 3. Try to play the same file with another tool, e. g. audio/wavplay
>
> Where is 2.?

It was about pressing Ctrl+t, but procstat show more information anyway.