Date:      Sat, 1 May 1999 16:02:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mark J. Taylor" <mtaylor@cybernet.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-announce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quake3 Arena Test: complete install instructions

 http://www.cybernet.com/~mtaylor/q3ahowto.html

 The "Quake3 Arena Test" software from id is a really huge thing in gaming
 (it has been said that its only competition is the upcoming "Star Wars"
 movie), and I wanted people to know that it works and IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL
 on a FreeBSD 3.1 system using the Linux emulation.  Sound, full-screen 3D,
 etc.  I've been playing in on a dual PII-350...

 Thanks to the FreeBSD team for the EXCELLENT Linux emulation!

 This should be all that you need to get going to play q3a on your
 FreeBSD 3.1 system (all relevant files are linked off of it):

   http://www.cybernet.com/~mtaylor/q3ahowto.html

 BTW:
 I am in no way responsible for any damages done by installing any of this
 software.  If it melts your PC, just remember that I said "YMMV".  :)
 If there are any errors on the web page, or something that I missed,
 please feel free to contact me.
 Oh yeah- Quake2 works pretty much the same way...

 -Mark Taylor
 NetMAX developer
 mtaylor@netmax.com
 Cybernet Systems Corporation