Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 1996 23:50:56 +0100
From:      Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Subject:   Re: HP T4000s tape drive

> > + #define QIC_3095	0x45
> What do you need this for?

I don't use it, but the other tape types have #defines, and there are
a couple of switch statements that switch on tape type and I'm not
sure whether they should include this one.  In particular, there's one
that decides whether to use two file marks for end-of-data.  Someone
who understands the code better than me should look at it!

> > ! #define SCSI_2_MAX_DENSITY_CODE	0xff	/* SCSI 2 spec is out of date! */
> and this?  The entire check for a ``max density'' could go.

Well the user passes it in as a u_int32 (in the ioctl) and it gets
assigned to a u_char (for the scsi_select), so perhaps a range check
is still appropriate?

> Justin, would commiting this conflict with your branch?  (Ok, i can
> also check myself.)

Remember it was a patch relative to 2.1.0-RELEASE!

-- Richard