Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 1999 12:29:09 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Pat Lynch <lynch@bsdunix.net>, advocacy@freebsd.org
Cc:        members@funy.org
Subject:   Re: The Bazaar

On Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 08:58:42AM -0500, Pat Lynch wrote:
> Thanks to whoever on this list posted about the bazaar conference.
>
> Having been busy I haven;t really had the time to actively search out
> advocacy efforts here in NYC.
>
> The long and short of it is this. We really didn;t know about this until
> last night, but I wrote Lydia Bennett (one of the conference chairs) and
> possibly got a booth for FUNY (read as BSD users of New York, no longer
> "FreeBSD Users of New York") at the conference. I'm not sure of the status
> of that, will probably fnd out this week.
>
> If we do, I'll need volunteers.

I will definately be at the show for at least some amount of time to
wander around the exhibit hall.  Not that they've had it yet, but my
understanding's been that we're talking about a trade show, not a
technical conference.

To atone for my sins of handing out free Linux CDs at a previous trade
show, I will of course be glad to sit behind a table and spread the
gospel according to Chuck.

If we manage to get a table, BTW (and I don't think that should be a
big problem) be sure to check into the possibility of power and
network connections.  The "big" shows charge a fortune for such
extravagance, and I wouldn't be suprised if that's the Javits Center
policy (union labor) and even if the bizarre organizers luv us to
death we may still have to run our laptops on battery and CDPD.

Some consideration should also be given (is that passive enough that
I'm clearly not volunteering?) to the production of paper that says
stuff about us and our favorite operating systems.  People walk around
these shows in a zombified stupor and put one of everything into their
IBM bags.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/