Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 2012 17:14:20 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD guest on VMware ESXi

On 19/12/2011 18:34, Lucas Mocellin wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I may have mistaken sending my question here, if so, please let me know.
>
> I would like to get more information about FreeBSD as a guest on VMware
> ESXi. I'm having some issues about performance (specially Harddisk I/O).

Firstly, how did you conclude the disk performance is bad? How did you
measure it? To what did you compare it? Virtualization always introduces
IO latency.

Secondly, ML 350 is a product family - which generation (e.g. G6?) do
you have? This is important because only G6 supports Nehalem-type CPUs
which have EPT support - everything older is simply too slow.