Date:      Thu, 25 May 1995 08:30:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        tdwyer@netbsd08.dn.itg.telecom.com.au (Terry Dwyer)
Cc:        smcarey@mailbox.syr.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ups 2.45.2 Does C++

> > I just recently got ddd-1.2 up and running on my 1.1.5 system.  Ddd is
> > a GPL'd X/Motif based gdb/dbx driver.  I usually prefer the good old
>             ^^^^^^^^^^^

> Any chance you might put the 1.1.5 binary up for ftp somewhere for the Motif
> impaired among us?

Statically linked, please. A lot of 1.1.5 sites are running X386 instead
of X11R6 and don't have the X11R6 libraries. I can't use the Mosaic 2.5
binary someone made, for example. So either link completely static or provide
a X386 version as well as an X11R6 one.

I find the idea of people GPLing a program that depends on Motif particularly
ironic, since it's 100% opposed to the FSF ideal. It's actually encouraging
the use of a proprietary package with a de-facto (since there's no free
clones) proprietary interface.

If someone does and I can get it up I'll make it available on my 1.1.5.1 web
site,

	http://bonkers.neosoft.com/freebsd/