Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:03:26 +0200
From:      Theo Bierman <theob@za.uu.net>
To:        Grant Cooper <grant.cooper@nucleus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newbie-can't install ports

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 01:19:54AM -0600, Grant Cooper wrote:
> I took this directly from the newbie section:
>
> "Place your FreeBSD CDROM in the drive. Mount it on /cdrom. (If you use a
> different mount point, the install will not work.) To begin, change to the
> directory for the port you want to install:"
>
> I mounted but I am sure I am doing it wrong? My /cdrom is off the root? Is
> this correct. It doesn't say where to mount it from. :(

how about this, run /stand/sysinstall (as root), then:

->  Configure    Do post-install configuration of FreeBSD
->  Distributions    Install additional distribution sets
->  [X]  ports     The FreeBSD Ports collection (right at the bottom)

Then choose your installation media, if you choose CD then it will mount it for you.

---end quoted text---

--
Theo Bierman
Customer Implementation Team