Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 12:21:38 +0100
From:      Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>
To:        Rolf Edwards <redwards@meccamediagroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple Web/SSL behind firewall

Rolf Edwards wrote:

> I am attempting to put multiple web servers behind a FreeBSD 4.1.1 box
> running ipfw and natd.  The web servers are running both web and SSL
> connections.  I was thinking of using squid and a dns hack to have it proxy
> the connections.
>
> I can't seem to find out if I can also have it listen to the SSL port for
> those connections.  I am assuming that for generic web traffic, I can use
> the accelerator to recieve multiple domain requests, and have a local dns
> entry so that they are passed to a natd ip.  How would I handle multiple
> SSL, as a natd static port map would only allow for one SSL host unless SSL
> is run on multiple ports, one for each machine.
>
> What should I do to handle this situation.  The web server will have a
> non-routeable ip, so acting as a gateway won't quite work.

freeby$ cat /etc/natd.conf
# redirect web to internal
redirect_port tcp a.b.c.d:80 e.f.g.h:80
redirect_port tcp a.b.c.d:443 e.f.g.h:443

where a.b.c.d is your internal webserver address and e.f.g.h is the one
you want the world to connect to.

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755
A.L. Digital Ltd.             Fax: +44 (20) 8742 5995