Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2012 17:31:25 +0200
From:      Romain =?iso-8859-1?Q?Tarti=E8re?= <romain@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        hrs@FreeBSD.org, =?utf-8?B?0JHQvtGA0LjRgSDQodCw0LzQvtGA0L7QtNC+0LI=?= <bsam@passap.ru>, Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: huge distfiles policy

Hi!

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 12:17:03AM +0200, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> My second concern was discussed when Dominic Fandrey called for testing this
> port: at least 2 people have been working on texlive with different approach:
> hrs and romain.
>
> In particular Romain and I discussed on merging texlive to the ports tree based
> on http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/ he has been contacted some company
> to mirror the splitted distfiles for us, and was suppose to resumer his work on
> this when back from vacations which should be the case now given that he has
> done some commit last week :D
>
> I CCed both hrs and romain so they can give their opinion and the status of
> their work.

Yes, after 2 months away, I am back :-)

While I was away,
  - I received access to a jail for hosting versionned distfiles;
  - I received a mail from hrs@ where he exposes a migration plan to
    TeX Live and asked for comments / suggestions.

I replied to hrs@ and told him I would be happy to help, but have no
feedback yet.

Regarding the mirror of versionned distfiles, I have everything to set
it up I think, and I just have to take some time to hack something that
do the right thing and use it in my ports.  However, since there are
some boring flaws in the updating infrastructure, I postponed this,
thinking that an answer from hrs@ would have lead to working on funnier
things (with a better infrastructure).  While I have no news, I may
however setup the repository, it won't hurt I guess.

Best regards,
Romain