Date:      Tue, 05 Nov 1996 14:25:04 +0100
From:      Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   linking fbsd prog with sco lib?

Hi,

I'm want to develop a database program with the sco version
of Solid Server (http://www.solidtech.com).

I'm trying to un'ar the supplied library, but have had
little success so far, so ...

Is there any point in trying this at all? I mean will
the library, when I put it back together as a freebsd
library, work when linked with my own application?

And, how do I un'ar it? I tried the following:

ar x solcli.a
ar Tx solcli.a
ar x solcli.a su0rbtr2.o

None of these work and give me errors about not finding the
object files in the archive. It can read the names of the archives
however.

All of this is on a 2.2-960801-SNAP system.

Regards,
Marc.

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl