Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 1999 16:20:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@snafu.adept.org>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sandbox??

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Sue Blake wrote:

> If nobody understands how this sandbox thing works, we should change
> the named.conf that we supply. If somebody does, then they or someone

Understanding a sandbox only requires the ability to read on the part of
the user (something anyone in charge of named administration has hopefully
learned, else they don't need to be administrating anything).

As for the current named.conf format...  I agree that it should be
changed.  Rc.conf currently references the fact that 'it may be possible
to run named in a sandbox'.  Named.conf says 'FreeBSD runs bind in a
sandbox'.  Saying FreeBSD does something one place while saying it may be
possible to do it in another is...  silly.

The actual use is up to the administrator, so it seems logical to have
named.conf examples for sandbox and non-sandbox configs.

Mike Hoskins
<mike@adept.org>