Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:44:57 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        " . .      " <agbad@orc.ru>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question.

> > device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr"
> > Then i did write "# /dev/MAKEDEV snd0". This command made fail "sndstat".
> > When the system start I have "sb0 not found at 0x220 port". What I do
> make?
You have to add 'controller pnp0' and 'device sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5 conflicts',
'device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330', 'device opl0 at isa? port 0x388' and
'device joy0 at isa? port "IO_GAME"', then recompile your kernel.
These add support for 16 bit audio, midi output, midi synthesis, and joysticks
respectively.

Then you should reboot, and configure the card using the pnp command when you
run the kernel with the -c option (ie when it asks you what kernel to boot,
you type '-c', and type away).
You would have to type _possibly_ something like this (providing the SB16 is
your only PnP device)

pnp 1 0 enable os port0 0x220 port1 0x330 port2 0x388 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5
pnp 1 1 enable os port0 0x200

If this doesn't work, run pnpinfo and mail me the results, and I'l see what I
can do.

BTW if anyone of the multimedia list can see anything wrong with this please
tell me, as I don't have an SB16 :)

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |